LMI assists clients with the management of the medical aspects of discovery and trial via medical record collection, management, and analysis services. LMI collects appropriate records, distills record data, and delivers insight via customized work products and services that assist clients in achieving favorable outcomes. This insight provides clients a base from which strategic decisions may be made to settle, mediate/arbitrate or try cases. Clients access all information using LMI's proprietary system, LMISight®.
Medical Record Collection & Management in Litigation
LMI manages the complete process of obtaining and delivering the most pertinent records for a particular matter. LMI routinely acquires: medical; billing; insurance; government (IRS, National Personnel, Workers’ Compensation, Social Security); education; and other records. LMI collects records nationwide, as well as internationally. Our approach to record collection is individualized to meet the requirements of a litigation, or an individual case. LMI’s experience allows us to streamline the record collection process to assure only the most pertinent medical records are obtained. Our methods have resulted in significant savings to our clients. Other ways in which clients benefit from the manner in which we conduct record acquisition services:
- HIPAA compliance and an emphasis on securing medical information.
- At-a-glance visibility into the status of record collection efforts through a real-time status report available online 24/7.
- Technology-driven processes reduce turnaround time and improve the efficiency of the overall record collection process.
- Access to the records online in TIFF or PDF format, with tools that help counsel manage the documents (OCR, bookmarking, annotating, manage duplicates, etc.).
LMI’s Medical Record Management team handles all records received at LMI to make certain records are complete and related to the patient at issue, including:
- Certification of records to determine completeness.
- Code data elements, such as provider of treatment, record type, document type and date of treatment.
- Review of records for references to additional providers of care.